You are here
ECOSOC side event on the gender responsive implementation of the 2030 agenda
In preparation of the 2016 High-level Political Forum under the auspices of ECOSOC, UN Women is organizing a side event on addressing gender perspectives in the national voluntary reviews at the Forum. The event will take place on 2 May 2016 from 1:15 to 2:30 pm EST at the ECOSOC Chamber, United Nations Headquarters, in New York. This event is restricted to those who have access to the ECOSOC chamber.
The High-level Political Forum will be an opportunity for Member States to demonstrate how governments address gender perspectives in their national planning, decision-making, policy formulation and implementation, monitoring and budgeting processes and institutional structures to ensure a gender-responsive implementation of the 2030 Agenda. It is also an opportunity to demonstrate governments’ engagement with civil society organizations, including women’s organizations, in these efforts.
- His Excellency Mr. Antonio de Aguiar Patriota, Permanent Representative of Brazil to the United Nations and Chair of the Commission on the Status of Women
- Her Excellency, Dr. Patricia Flor, Ambassador, Director-General for International Order, the United Nations and Arms Control, Germany
- Her Excellency Ms. Lourdes Ortiz Yparraguirre, Permanent Representative of the Philippines to the United Nations
- Mr. Alan George, Counsellor, Permanent Mission of Sierra Leone to the United Nations
- Ms. Naiara Costa, Director, International Secretariat, Together 2030
- Mr. Friedrich Soltau, Senior Sustainable Development Officer, Division for Sustainable Development, DESA
- Ms. Christine Brautigam, Director, Intergovernmental Support Division, UN Women
For any questions please contact Sylvia Hordosch (sylvia.hordosch[at]unwomen.org) or Robert Stevens (robert.stevens[at]unwomen.org)